Only 20% of the information in your business process is structured, the other 80% are unstructured (letters, e-mails, documents, ...). Your Business Application system is designed to manage unstructured information. Immediate availability of this unstructured information is the most valuable in his related, structured, context. This is only possible if both systems are integrated.
Microsoft SharePoint is a framework that uses building blocks called Web Parts. These create the necessary functionality to build SharePoint portals. Ometa has developed a set of Web Parts and connectors who enclose data from your Business Application through the API's to SharePoint. Ometa doesn't only offer Web Parts to enclose information, we also created a unique way of integrating data in SharePoint lists and liabraries. The progress of a total SharePoint integration mainly concentrates on applying all SharePoint functionalities (version history, adaptation logs, workflow, ...) on your ERP application dataset.
Inserting and updating (new) customers/suppliers data in the ERP system through a single SharePoint screen, instead of multiple ERP screens.Inserting sales orders in the ERP system through a single SharePoint screen, instead of multiple ERP screens.Approving new customers/suppliers through SharePoint workflows, instead of sendig a request form to approvers through fax or mail.Decentralizing hour registration in the ERP system through a SharePoint portal, instead of doing this with Excel sheets that are sended to a main person who inserts them in ERP.
Your SharePoint portal can remain unchanged, even if you've replaced your Business Application. The only necessary aspect is a new setup of the Ometa Framework. If your process is diffused over multiple Business Applications, SharePoint will become your only user interface.
'Two-phase commit' is an advantage of the Ometa Web Part concept. This means that every change of the Business Application data in your SharePoint portal will first be changed in the Business Application before SharePoint will accept the change. So the information changed in borh applications by using one single user action. This way your Business Application will always lead. Every message that is included in your Business Application's API layer, will be shown in SharePoint.
Ometa ensures a solution which uses MS SharePoint as a presentation layer on top of your Business Application. This means that logic and process validation stays in your Application and replaces the GUI's by portal solutions.
Ometa has build connectors for SAP, BaaN-Infor, Movex and other applications. The Ometa framework supports different versions of every applications, including the adjustments.